Monday 18 January 2010

What a 48 hours!

Ok, so first of all I've had a manic toothache for weeks and weeks (verging on months now) and today I finally got to see a dentist about the beggar, turns out it's really bad and they may have to amputate. I mean root canal. which if you don't know is where the lovely dentist man takes out your tooth's nerve and replaces it with rubber, meaning the tooth is effectively "dead" but still usable, unlike the other treatment I was offered: "Rip the rat bastard out".
the reason it's got to this stage is because I'm not a fan of dentists, for my own reasons, and now I've given up playing nice with them and I am now speaking my mind to the drill toting buggers. luckily this dentist wasn't too bad (Jon, his name was)he understood (after looking at the tooth) that I was in A LOT of pain, and sympathised, but the one conversation that sticks out from our meeting is this one:

"Jesus Joe, this is bad, I can see why you've had sleepless nights! How come you didn't come in sooner?"
"I fecking hate dentists"
*looking at the drill he's holding*
"Fair enough, open wide"

On the upside, last night, to preoccupy my pain i went to a gig, not just any gig though, my first Ska punk gig, featuring Sonic Boom 6, Big D and the Kids table and the very very awesome Reel Big Fish.

It was as amazing as I could have hoped, and I had a brilliant night, even managed to sort of high 5 Aaron from RBF, which is cool. they have such a stage personality and presence which the live CD doesn't capture.

Here's a video of RBF's cover of Take On Me, and pictures might be up later if i can steal them from Charlie.

No comments:

Post a Comment